Christians can respond to God in many ways.
These seven words describe how I grow in faith in our Triune God.
1. Believe Jesus – I believe Jesus because everything He has said is true. Heavens declare His righteousness.
2. Obey the Son – I obey Jesus because He loves me unconditionally. He blesses me when I obey Him.
3. Worship God – I worship the true and living God because there is no one like Him. Idolatry is foolishness.
4. Follow Jesus – I follow Jesus because His way is true and leads to eternal life.
5. Abide in Christ – I need the fullness of the indwelling Holy Spirit so that I can be empowered for godly living and service.
6. Serve the living and true God – In everything that I do, I can serve God. I was a condemned prisoner of sin but now I am free to serve Christ willingly and freely.
7. Know God – It is God’s will that I grow in my faith. When I trust God completely, I have perfect peace. The more I study the Bible, believe, obey, worship, follow, abide and serve Him, the more He reveals Himself to me, and I will grow to know Him deeper and love Him even more.
To God be the glory!
Elder Yoong Yuen Soo