5 Blessings and 5 Things you must do as Christians
Some people say, “It does not matter which religion you follow, all religions teach people to be good.” Some say, “Do right and you’ll be alright.” Some say, “So long as you do not harm people, that is good enough.” Some pray to various kinds of deities to help them succeed in life and for the afterlife. Some do good and give to charities and hope that their good works will get them to heaven. Some live for sensual pleasures and live as though there is no God. Some say, “I don’t bother too much about these things, I live one day at a time.” What do you say?
Jesus Christ says, “No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven, the Son of Man (Jesus)” (John 3:13).
He also says, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
Jesus Christ is all-sufficient for you for this life and for life after death. If you are a Christian, you can say, “Amen.” If you are not, you can choose to believe in Jesus Christ.
Today, we remember that Jesus Christ was sinless when he was on earth. He paid the penalty for our wrongdoings and sins when he died on the cross. His lifeless body was put in an empty tomb. On the third day, He became alive again. He appeared to His disciples for 40 days. His disciples witnessed His ascension to heaven. He will return to judge those who do not believe in Him.
Jesus Christ revealed Himself as God while He was on earth. For all who believe Jesus, God blesses you with:
- Access to the Holy God through Jesus
- Boldness to live for Jesus despite unfriendliness from the world
- Compassion for the lost by imitating Jesus
- Deliverance from slavery to sin and the desires of the world
- Eternal life that begins from the day you trust in Jesus Christ.
Beyond this Good Friday, you must do these 5 things:
- Open your mind – to what God is saying to you in the Bible
- Open your heart – to what God’s Spirit is prompting you to do
- Open your eyes – to perceive the despair of those without Jesus Christ
- Open your ears – to listen to those who look elsewhere for answers to this life and thereafter
- Open your mouth – to speak the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ with grace and peace.
Elder Yoong Yuen Soo